Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Vancouver Fashion Week March 2015 Meet The Crowd


This is the second year in a row I've had the pleasure to attend Vancouver Fashion Week

If there is one thing I've realized about this season, I'm as equally interested in the attendees as the designers.  I've met some great people that are SERIOUSLY interesting.  I'm a firm believer we can all learn a thing or two from someone we admire and are successful in a field that interests us.  There is no such thing as competition to me, there is room for everyone.  I just love it when someone is kind enough to share words of wisdom.  I've decided to start to introduce you all to the hidden gems of this fair city

Last season I was blown away with Jessie Liu from Simple Pair designs.  I've since had the pleasure of flying to San Francisco for a private fitting with her, which you can see here San Francisco in a Weekend Nope, 1 day and she was kind enough to dress me for my "Las Vegas in a Weekend" which you can see here Las Vegas in a Weekend

When I saw her show I kept telling my friends it was like art to my eyes.  Little did I know at the time that her materials are dyed using her friends paintings as a pattern, now I get it. Jessie has become a dear friend and agreed to send me even more designs for this season of VFW.  I'm wearing a beautiful top from her SS 2015 Collection.  The bead work adds such a lovely sparkle.  Unfortunately being this time of year in Vancouver it was quite chilly in the tents so I had to cover up with a warm sweater.  The second design she sent will be worn at a later date.  I was overtaken by allergies and unable to attend opening night, stay tuned, you'll love it

This is my favourite side kick Darlene Karimi of Designer Doll Fashions by Darlene K. My cutie patootie bestie was a friend extraordinaire during this entire time.  Not only did she do my hair and makeup every night, I also wore a design of hers on closing night and she was kind enough to cover as my camera man. Thanking you, smooch


My first interview was with Aurora Chan from Style by Fire, This is a multi talented girl.  She has a blog, is a writer, model and photographer

See our interview here




I managed to meet Marilyn R. Wilson author of Life Outside The Box, you can follow her here Olio by Marilyn and buy her book here Influence Publishing

See our interview here



Love love love this next girl, Cynthia Pace.  Since the first time I met her I've been enthralled by her style, no surprise, she's a Fashion Stylist.  Apologies for the poor sound quality, with the combo of closing night excitement and her lovely soft voice you need to strain to hear. Don't worry we'll do a redo at a later date.  You can reach Cynthia here for personal fashion consulting Cynthia Pace

See our interview here.  Just a side note, it doesn't hurt to have friends in all places.  Just as my friend Brett walked by I handed him the camera and asked him to film us only to find out he's a Vancouver Film School graduate.  Is there anyone here that is not multi faceted?  Ha ha, I even started the camcorder for him because I thought he didn't know how. Oh and he's a model that will be in an upcoming show I'm working on .... more on him another time, LOL



Randi Winter, what to say about her, what a great lady.  I met her just under a year ago. She is very welcoming, outrageously colourful and all about happy things.  She travels more than anyone I know, and what do you know, she's a travel writer.  What an awesome job!!!!

See our interview here.  Side note, Randi is such a great sport, I threw down my tripod and she almost tripped on it twice during our interview, OMG sorry



Follow Randi here Passionate Travel as she says "if you can dream it, we can plan it"

Symone Says, whoa, what fun.  Vancouver's best Drag Queen ever!  I've been to a few events where she is Emcee, very entertaining

See our interview here.  You heard the lady follow Symone on Facebook here Symone Says




I can't thank Vancouver Fashion Week enough for granting me media access.  I tried like the dickens to get my hands on Jamal the founder but could never quite get close enough.  He was surrounded by people every time I saw him.  Another time Jamal.  Great event as usual, look forward to September 2015.  I'd like to get a more behind the scenes look at what it takes to put such a grand scale event together

I tell ya this is quite a marathon week, I was just famished and needed a snack,  Hope nobody minded, tee hee, nutella and front row baby


These are my two camera men (people), thank you`s

(Photo by Mohammad Zahid)

(Photo by Sam Stringer)



No comments:

Post a Comment